We launched tCn – the Construction Network – at Ecobuild three months ago, and we now have almost 1200 registered members, with many more waiting in the wings. We are pleased at the support shown to us by so many industry people and have received valuable feedback from them. Many ideas and improvements have been suggested and – true to our word – we are taking these on board to make tCn the most exclusive and effective place to communicate with the industry.
We have listened to both the praise and the criticisms – some very constructive and helpful – and have begun to plan a new version of tCn. This is now in development, and will:
- maintain the popular aspects of the existing site (its construction and property industry focus and its exclusivity, for example)
- streamline the registration process
- provide better integration with other social media platforms (eg: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, SlideShare, etc)
- improve management of email notifications, and – most importantly –
- be more intuitive to use.
Our first iteration (tCn 1.0, perhaps?) has demonstrated that there is industry support for the concept. However, individuals and organisations have made suggestions about what they would like to see in the future platform and to earn their active involvement we aim to launch tCn 2.0 by early July.
However, there is always scope for good ideas to be included. If there are particular features or functionalities that you or your business would like included in tCn 2.0, please let us know.